Our website address is: https://developershub.org
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- With Third-party service providers: We provide User information to other companies that perform Services on Developers Hub behalf. For example, we may employ service providers to process payments; host or store our data; deliver email messages; provide legal or other guidance; or analyze data.
- With certain Asset Store sellers, we provide customer information, such as an email address, when you purchase or license certain products to the sellers of those products in our Asset Store. We provide this information to assist the provider with fulfilling your purchase(s) and, in the case of our Asset Store partners, to allow them to contact you about new products and Services.
- Safety, security, and legal compliance: We may share your information:
- When we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (e.g., if we receive a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or similar legal process);
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- If we believe that the Service is being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- When we have a good faith belief that there is a meaningful risk that poses a threat to the safety of you, another person or the public generally;
- In order to protect the rights or property of Developers Hub, including to enforce the terms and licenses that govern the use of the Services.
- Sale or merger: In the event that Developers Hub explores or undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, transfer of control, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share or transfer all of your information, including personal information. We will inform you of the identity and contact information of the receiving party and require the receiving party to continue to be bound by the rules herein in relation to your information including personal information. If the receiving party changes the original processing purpose and method, the receiving party shall obtain your consent.
- With your consent: We may share your information for other purposes if (I) you direct us to do so or (II) you consent to such sharing.
- Also if you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Our policies concerning children
Our Services are intended for general audiences. Developers Hub does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. Our ads service may collect certain age range or age band information to confirm that we comply with Applicable Data Protection laws.
- If any party becomes aware that a child under the age of 13, or under the age of 16 for those parties in the European Economic Area, has provided us with personal information in contravention of our policies, they should contact us at [email protected].
- Some third parties, such as platform providers like the iTunes Store or Google Play, may provide age-based ratings on some of the apps created by Developers. These ratings shall have no bearing on this limitation. Third parties may also provide content categories on some of the Services. These categories shall have no bearing on this limitation.
Accessing/Updating/Deleting Your Information
We provide Users with a variety of ways to access and update their information. You can request that your account be deleted; however, certain financial recordkeeping information may be maintained in our systems because we have a legitimate legal and financial interest in maintaining such records.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Links to sites and service operated by others
Developers Hub Services may contain links to other sites, applications, and services. Because Developers Hub does not operate those other sites, applications, and services, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy practices of the entities that operate them. We recommend that you consistently check privacy policies to understand an operator’s practices. As a reminder, this policy describes Developers Hub practices.
We reserve the right to change our practices and this policy at any time. We may also send an email or provide notice within some or all of our offerings when this policy changes. We encourage you to check this page regularly so that you know what our current practices are.